SMART 2015 – Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching
Voroneţ, Gura Humorului, Romania, Oct. 30 – Nov. 1, 2015
Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching provides relevant theoretical frameworks, and the latest research on social media and its challenges in the educational and political context. Our conference is essential for professionals aiming to improve their understanding of social media at different levels of education and in civic/social/political engagement, as well as researchers in the fields of e-learning, educational science, political science, new media, information and communication sciences, and much more.
Details about SMART 2015
This year, our conference will be organized in the framework of a multi-conference, coordinated by Professor Viorel Guliciuc, PhD. This multi-conference will be held in the magical region of Bucovina, in the Northern part of Romania.
The main aim is to help the young researchers and members of the academic community to share and challenge their innovative or revolutionary ideas, for the (future) public defend of their work, in internationally recognized journals – European Journal of Science and Theology, Humanities, Brain, Postmodern Openings a.o.
SMART 2015 will take place between the 30 of October, 2015, and the 1st of November, 2015, in Voroneț village, close to Gura Humorului town, Suceava County, Romania.
Here, one can find the Voronet Monastery, one of the famous medieval painted monastery, built by Stephen the Great in 1488, over a period of 3 months and 3 weeks, to commemorate the victory in the Battle of Vaslui, held against the Otoman Empire.
Often known as the “Sistine Chapel of the East”, the frescoes at Voroneț feature an intense shade of blue, known in Romania as “Voroneț blue.” The church is one of the Painted churches of Moldavia, listed in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage sites.
SMART 2015 main theme:
The Revolution of Social Media in Teaching, Research, Politics, and Business
- Social Media for Courses Enhancement
- Social Media for Research and Professional Development
- Open Educational Resources and Massive Open Online Courses
- Smart City and Open Data
- The Political Power of Social Media
- Social Networks and Riots, Protests, and Revolutions
- Social Media and Elections
- Social Media as a Tool for Advertising, Business etc.
- Associate Professor Bogdan Patrut, Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau, Romania, Email: bogdan AT edusoft DOT ro
- Professor Carmen Holotescu, Ioan Slavici University of Timisoara, Romania
- Professor Viorel Guliciuc, Stefan Cel Mare University of Suceava, Romania
Our previous editions: