In the latest volume of the LiBRI, PhD Cristina Dimulescu, in the article Talk – Creation or Destruction of Meaning, brings into light the dispute that has been caused by the controversial power of the spoken word and demonstrates that talk gives rise to new meanings and implicitly to a new language, instead of destroying them.
As the importance of verbal communication has been analysed from different angles, there are two sides that stand out by sharing totally opposite views. On one side, there are the authors of the theatre of the absurd and on the other side, there are the linguists and the philosophers of language. The former believe that words are incapable of delivering the meaning, while the later stand for the value of the language and the new meanings that result from human interaction.
In the latest volume of the LiBRI, Andreea Paris illustrates in the article “The Play on Incarnation as Artistic Creation in Allen Ginsberg’s ‘Howl’” different modalities used by Ginsberg in the poem “Howl” to express the concept of incarnation.
In this essay, the author will approach the theological implication of incarnation illustrated in the poem “Howl”, in order to show Alan Ginsberg’s perspective upon the transcendence of spiritual elements into physical ones (the metaphysical act is conveyed into literary creation). Thus, the poet becomes a prophet who has to deliver a spiritual message. The musicality is also very important in this poem as it enhances the concept of incarnation. Bebop is here representative for the bridge who channels the spiritual and the physical world (as the player of the saxophone sacrifices his breath to create melodious sounds). (more…)
- 20PhD Ahmad Kareem Salem Al-Wuhaili will present in the latest volume of the LiBRI journal an article about the duality of political apologies, aiming to reveal the fact that important political faces apologise without meaning it. Unfortunately, apologising, which used to be a sincere statement of one’s feelings of guilt, sadness or pity, has become a tool for some politicians to solve problems by using means of emotional manipulation. Politics has developed ever since the beginning the same concept; Chilton defined politics as a struggle for power, a fight between those who want to impose it and those who go…
In the latest volume of the BRAND magazine, Shabri Abd. Majid, Hasan Basri, Eka Nopita, and Heru Fahlevi bring into light cultural and sociological aspects which are influencing the performance of internal auditors in Aceh, Indonesia. They conducted a research based on a survey distributed to the entire population and the results were analysed using the Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) technique.
The on growing issue of defective bureaucracy in Indonesia led to multiple complaints from the people. This study shows that the efficiency of the government in Indonesia is when compared to neighbouring countries, falling far behind.
- BRAND: The Influence of Organizational Commitment and Motivation in the Relationship between Budget Participation and Managerial Performance (Empirical Study on Provincial Government Agencies (SKPA) of Aceh Province, Indonesia)29The paper The Influence of Organizational Commitment and Motivation in the Relationship between Budget Participation and Managerial Performance (Empirical Study on Provincial Government Agencies (SKPA) of Aceh Province, Indonesia) was written by Muslim A. Djalil, Mirna Indriani and Muttaqin. Government employees, which have the function of planning and implementing activity programs to provide public service, are the most important element in improving the performance of local government. Mainly, the local government needs to improve its performance in providing public service. Two things are very important when talking about this: the budget management in the public sector (if it goes well, the organizational…
- BRAND: The Effect of Used Information Technology, Internal Control, and Regional Accounting System on the Performance of City Governance Agency of Banda Aceh City, Indonesia23This paper presents a research which was done in order to examine the influence of utilization of information technology, internal system, and regional financial accounting system on the performance of city government agencies in Banda Aceh city government, Indonesia. 39 city government agencies (SKPK) of Banda Aceh took part in the research and, as a result, only 28 agencies are selected within city governemnt as a sample and 84 persons are employed as respondents. The paper is written by Muslim Djalil, S.E. Nadirsyah, M. Rizal Yahya, Jalaluddin Jalaluddin, Syarifah Vivi Ramadhanti. The article starts with the analysis of the performance of city…
The last article from the seventh volume (issue 1) of BRAND is a research conducted by Laura Cătălina Ţimiras, entitled The Notoriety of Brands on the Romanian Market among Youth.
The main and most common marketing strategy used nowadays is publicity. Making the brand known and well-advertised seems to have overshadowed the struggles of getting a qualitative product. This research brings into light the notorious brands (by product category) that catch the youngsters’ attention. The importance given to every item is not only enhanced by commercials but also by trends that emerge within a certain group of people. The central goal for all the advertising schemes is brand awareness. Practical knowledge of the target public is the base to creating a powerful brand image. It is very rare when somebody chooses the less popular brand to the detriment of the most popular one.
BRAIN: The Status of Positive Psychology Strengths within the Romanian School in the Digital Society
A new research conducted by Georgeta Pânişoară, Ion-Ovidiu Pânişoară, Cristina Sandu, and Ruxandra Chirca (Neacsu) whose the main goal is to pinpoint the links between skills thought in school and those which grant self-fulfilment, is the opening article of the BRAIN journal.
The domain of neurosciences is approached at the same time by neurology specialists and by psychologists; as the functions of the brain can be discussed widely on both levels. Yet, the approaches to the sciences developed on the grey matter’s functions and mechanisms are not opposite but rather complementary.
- 22Speech recognition applications enable the recognition and translation of spoken languages into text by computers. Due to the fact that the traditional approaches are costly and time consuming, the worldwide industry adopted speech recognition systems. Andrei Scutelnicu, Anca Diana Bibiri, Mihaela Onofrei, and Mircea Hulea will present in their paper “A speech to text transcription approach based on Romanian corpus” a simple and efficient method for speech to text recognition, based on a machine learning approach, using a Romanian speech corpus. The researchers used information from two questionnaires (AMPER-ROM[ANIA] and AMPRom) that belong to the project AMPRom (Romanian multimedia prosodic…
- 20Internet reviews can be seen as an efficient communication form, adapted to the digital world of today. However, researchers are, for the most part, oriented towards English based ones. The Romanian language reviews exhibit specific grammar rules and challenges that need customized methods to be dealt with. In their paper, Versavia-Maria Ancusa, Olimpia Ban, and Marian Cornea offer a method for aggregating heterogeneous Romanian language reviews into a homogenous corpus, fit for further analyse. Basically, their aim is to buil a eWOM data cleaning algorithm and apply it on the Romanian language. The algorithm will be based on a three-phase…