SMART 2016 – Scientific Methods in Academic Research and Teaching is an international conference that brings together specialists in Social Media, Education, Informatics, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, in order to create a proper environment for debates regarding the use of new technologies and of the most creative strategies in research, higher education and other fields.The acronym SMART was also used in the previous editions of the conference (Bacau – 2013, Timisoara – 2014 and Voronet (Gura Humorului) – 2015), when it stood for “Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching”.
The previous editions of SMART focused on understanding the way in which social media can generate a positive influence on the learning process or on the academic research. Furthermore, it was highlighted the role through which web 2.0 can help in the civil/social/political engagement.Beginning with 2016, SMART also extends its areas of interest on recent research in Education, either connected to Social Media or not.
Benefiting from the experience in editing and coordinating the academic journal BRAIN – Broad Research in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience (indexed in Web of Science), we considered that approaching topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Neuroscience or Cognitive Sciences is also useful for the conference.
Indexes and Publication
The papers of SMART 2016 will be published in international journals, indexed by Thomson Reuters (in Web of Science) and Google Scholar:
- selected papers related to Artificial Intelligence, Neuroscience, Psichology a.o. will be published in BRAIN – Broad Research in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience, https://www.edusoft.ro/brain/index.php/brain
- selected papers related to e-learning will be published in Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, http://www.je-lks.org
- Social Media for Research and Professional Development
- Open Educational Resources and Massive Open Online Courses
- The Political Power of Social Media
- Social Networks and Riots, Protests, and Revolutions
- Social Media as a Tool for Advertising, Business etc.
- Artificial Intelligence Tools for Education
- Intelligent Systems for E-learning
- Research in Neurosciences and the Future of Education
- The Roles of Cognitive Science in Education
- Psychology, Psycholinguistics and Education
- Recent Research in Artificial Intelligence, Cogntiive Science, Neuroscience
This MOOC consists of selected conference presentations as short videos that demonstrate the main outcomes of the authors’ contributions.
The scope is to enhance the discussions and exchange between the participants in the conference and all those interested in the SMART topics. If you enroll and complete the MOOC, you can gain an open badge as a record of your achievement.
The MOOC is supported by a grant of the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation, CNCS – UEFISCDI, project number PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-2040.